Welcome to the perfect recipe of a fool proof gluten free shortbread recipe, involving almonds who give a fine elegant touch to the dough taste. I already made these biscuits for non gluten free people and anyone ever notice any difference, so no need for explanations. This is a basic recipe you can customize and adapt to your favorite flavors. Needless to say, these cookies are a great gift for Christmas, birthdays and every other time you have to come up with a last minute homemade present. The ingredients involve only natural gluten free flours you probably already have at home.
Ingredients for 30 biscuits:
- 120 g / 4,2 oz butter
- 200 g / 7 oz cane sugar
- 1 happy egg
- 120 g / 4,2 oz almond flour
- 180 g / 6,3 rice flour
- 90 g / 3,2 cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- chocolate, almonds, sprinkle…choose your decoration
- Cream the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Add all the other ingredients unti you reach a uniform texture.
- Make a dough ball and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C / 340°F.
- Put the dough between two parchment paper sheets and roll it out to a 5mm thickness.
- Cut your favorite shapes and line them on the batch.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Once the biscuits are cold, decorate them with chocolate, chopped almond, salt flakes…you can get a wide variety of biscuits with a single dough.