Marinated mackerel salad
This is a good and easy way to use mackerel, which is often considered a low-value sea food alternative, yet it’s a great fish with a high nutritional profile. You just need to know how to cook it well!
Ingredients for 2
- 300 gr/ 10 oz salad of your choice
- 1 kg / 35 oz (4 medium) fresh mackerel
- fresh persil, mint, basil and rosemary
- organic lemon and oranges
- extra virgin olive oil
- Free mackerels from their entrails.
- Prepare a pot of boiling water with one organic lemon and one organic orange sliced.
- Add some salt and the whole mackerels.
- Boil them for 20 minutes. Drain and let them cool.
- Remove the skin and the bones from the fishes, getting some nice fillets.
- Place the cleaned mackerel fillets in a casserole with some good extra-virgin olive oil. Add persil, mint, basil and rosemary in between.
- Let the mackerel marinate for at least 3h, the more the tastier.
- Add the mackerel to a salad bowl, with some capers and lemon slices.
- By the way, salad is just an option: you could eat it on a bruschetta, as pasta sauce or straight from the casserole!