A easy peasy healthy snack or side dish or even appetizer for your dinner with friends. Made with only three ingredients, these mint potatoes bites are naturally gluten free and vegetarian, so basically perfect for everyone! Make sure to use a potato variety with firm flesh and possibly an organic one, considering it’s the main flavour of these tots. The mint gives a unexpected twist that will make you fall in love and bake these again and again.
Ingredients for 10 bites
- 600 gr / 20 oz yellow potatoes
- 10 leaves of mint
- 20 gr / 1 oz of Parmesan or Pecorino cheese
- salt and extra virgin oil
- Steam the potatoes until soft at the core. Do not boil them, in order to avoid them to fill with water.
- Place in a medium bowl finely chopped mint leaves.
- Add the potatoes and mash them with a fork.
- Add parmesan or pecorino and sprinkle a pinch of salt. Mix all well.
- Allow the potatoes mash to cool down a little. Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Make the bites by taking a small amount of batter and modeling it into a long oval shape.
- Place them on a cooking sheet and coat them with a little oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve hot.
- Prepare yourself to re-bake them, because someone will surely ask!