Sparkling red pomegranate appetizer
A quick and super easy to realize recipe for a vegetarian - could be vegan - appetizer for dinner with friends. The wow effect is ensured and its sour-toasted wrapping taste will impress everyone.
- 150 g / 5,5 oz goat fresh cheese or ricotta cheese or vegan cheese
- 1 leek
- 30 g / 1 oz toasted hazelnut
- 1 pomegranate
- Extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper
- In a little saucepan, with a drizzle of oil, stew the finely chopped leek. It has to become transparent.
- Chop the leek with the hazelnut, with a knife or in the mixer as well.
- Mix it with the cheese of choice until uniform and put the blend in a bowl lined with plastic film.
- Let the bowl in the fridge for half an hour. After this time reverse the bowl on the serving plate and reveal the cheese dome.
- With a very zen attitude, open and seed your pomegranate.
- Proceed then to cover all the surface of the cheese dome with the pomegranate seeds, placing them very close one to another, with the purpose of creating an even and shiny red texture.
- Serve with breadsticks or crackers to share with friends.
- Collect your friends appreciations with an humble smile 🤗